Voluma Filler Treatment Questions and Answers
Voluma Filler Treatment helps restore volume in the cheeks and midface. Visit Flawless Med Spa to get a younger and prettier look! Call us for more information or request an appointment online today. We are conveniently located at 9418 W. Lake Mead Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89134.
What is voluma®:
The only filler proven to last up to 2 years in the cheek area, Voluma® XC injectable gel is a smooth, colorless hyaluronic acid (HA) gel that contains a small quantity of local anesthetic (lidocaine). HA is a naturally occurring sugar found in the human body. Voluma® XC works by adding volume to correct age-related, or genetically lacking, volume loss in the cheeks to help create a more youthful appearance. In fact, patients reported looking up to 5 years younger at 6 months after treatment.
How long will it last?
Voluma® XC is the first and only hyaluronic acid based injectable that lasts up to 2 years. In addition, when treated again after 2 years patients needed less product to achieve their results. *With optimal treatment. Results may vary.
Voluma® xc, winner of the 2014 allure best of beauty breakthrough award
Wrinkles and lines aren’t the only signs of aging. Over time, the cheeks flatten, and the skin may begin to sag. This is caused by a natural loss of volume in the cheek area, or what the experts call age-related midface volume loss. Juvéderm Voluma® XC is designed to add volume beneath the skin’s surface to lift and contour the cheek area.
Two weeks prior to your injectable appointment:
- You should not receive any dental work in the two weeks prior to, or following, an injectable treatment
- You should not receive any injectable treatment within the two weeks prior to, or following, vaccinations
The week prior: avoid ‘blood thinners’
To minimize bruising and/or swelling avoid the use of:
- Vitamin E
- Fish Oil Supplements
- Melatonin Sleep Aide
- Turmeric Supplements
- & Any over the counter supplements that thin the blood
- If in doubt regarding prescription medication, consult with your physician
- Tylenol may safely be used during this time
The day of your voluma® treatment:
- You may wear your normal skincare and makeup to Flawless the day of your treatment. Melanie will clean the treatment area prior to your injections.
After dermal filler:
- Avoid straining, heavy lifting, and vigorous exercise for 2-3 hours after your Voluma Treatment. It generally takes the filler approximately 24 hours to stabilize so it’s best to take things easy the day of. We don’t want to increase circulation to the treated area(s).
- Avoid manipulation of the treated area(s) for 24 hours afterward.
- Avoid direct sunlight for 24 hours. It’s always best to wear sunscreen and a protective hat whenever possible but especially so after any cosmetic treatment, including injectables.
- Makeup is NOT recommended for 24 hours following injection.
- No laser treatments in the treated area(s) for at least one week.
- You’ll find that applying ice to the treated area(s) intermittently for the next few hours is helpful at decreasing any discomfort and swelling.
- Skincare can be used and makeup can be applied the very next day though it’s best to avoid Retin-A, glycolic acid, and vitamin c for at least 24 hours around the treated area(s).
- Lumps and bumps caused by fluid accumulation in the area are possible after treatment and are generally a normal part of the healing process.
- After 3 days you may start to massage any lumps; this is best done nightly. If they do not resolve after 1-2 weeks with massage, contact the office for a follow-up appointment.
- Arnica oral tablets or topical gel may be applied as directed if you experience bruising. We offer both for sale at the Flawless Office though they can also be found at most drugstores.
As always, contact the office if you have any questions or concerns. If this is an emergency, contact your Medical Provider or Urgent Care Center
What areas can be treated with voluma®?
- The cheeks and mid-face
- The chin, as a non-surgical alternative to facial implants
What should I expect with voluma® treatment?
The actual injection process takes only about 20 to 30 minutes. Melanie will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatment areas for you. Melanie believes administering Voluma® is as much art as it is a science. Patients are individually evaluated then given treatment recommendations which will create the desired effect.
What are side effects from voluma® treatment?
Voluma® side effects are minimal. The most common being slight discomfort at injection site. Bruising at the injection site may occur but is not common.
When will I see results?
The effects of Voluma® are immediate though final results will not be apparent until swelling in the area has subsided. Those results will last about up to two years.
Does voluma® treatment hurt?
Our patients most commonly report only slight discomfort during treatment. Lidocaine is included in the product and will help ease any post-treatment discomfort. After applying ice to the area, Melanie uses very small needles to inject fillers; complimentary topical numbing cream is available, though most find it unnecessary. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your appointment time if numbing cream is desired.
Is voluma® safe?
Yes. Voluma® is FDA approved and a very commonly used cosmetic injectable filler used in many countries with proven results.
Want to know more about our services? Call us or schedule an appointment online! We serve patients from Las Vegas NV, Pinto Palomino NV, Winchester NV, Sunrise Manor NV, Paradise NV, and Spring Valley NV.