Kybella Treatment Questions and Answers
Are you self-conscious or embarrassed by the fat under your chin? Then Kybella treatment may be for you! At Flawless Medspa we provide Kybella treatment and are able to help you look your best! Call us today or request an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 9418 W. Lake Mead Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89134.
Table of Contents:
kybella® may be right for you If:
Two weeks prior to your injectable appointment:
The week prior: avoid ‘blood thinners’
The day of your kybella® treatment:
How kybella® works
What to expect with kybella®
How is kybella® administered?
How many kybella® treatment sessions will I need?
Will I need time to recover?
If you’re interested in a nonsurgical way to reduce fullness beneath your chin, Kybella® may be right for you. KYBELLA® is a first-of-its-kind injectable treatment for adults with submental fullness that destroys fat cells under the chin to improve your profile. Kybella® is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment that permanently destroys fat cells under the chin to improve your profile.
• You’re bothered (unhappy, self-conscious, embarrassed) by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness
• You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
• You don’t want to have surgery
• You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away
• You should not receive any dental work in the two weeks prior to, or following, an injectable treatment
• You should not receive any injectable treatment within the two weeks prior to, or following, vaccinations
To minimize bruising and/or swelling avoid the use of:
• Vitamin E
• Fish Oil Supplements
• Turmeric Supplements
• & Any over the counter supplements that thin the blood
• If in doubt regarding prescription medication, consult with your physician
• Tylenol may safely be used during this time
• You may wear your normal skincare and makeup to Flawless the day of your treatment. Melanie will clean the treatment area prior to your injections.
• Following your Kybella® treatment, cold compresses may be used on the treated area during the first 12 hours.
• Ice in 15-minute increments each hour
• Do not massage the injection site
• If you are able to tolerate ibuprofen, take 200mg / 3x daily starting after your Kybella® Treatment and continuing for the next four days
• No exercise the day of your treatment
• Avoid excessive exposure to UV light (including artificial) until all swelling and redness have resolved
• No facials or other services for at least 24 hours
• Makeup is NOT recommended for 24 hours following injection.
• Avoid extreme cold until all swelling and redness have resolved
• If bruising occurs, Arnica oral tablets or topical gel may be applied as directed. Both are available for purchase at the Flawless Las Vegas location, though most drugstores carry them as well.
• Some patients find that eating fresh pineapple (specifically the bromelain found in pineapple) helps to resolve bruising quicker
• Results will start to appear after 3 weeks and continue to improve for the following 3 months
As always, contact the office if you have any questions or concerns. If this is an emergency, contact your Medical Provider or Urgent Care Center
The active ingredient in Kybella® is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath the chin, Kybella® destroys fat cells, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. Once destroyed, these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat, so further treatment is not expected once you reach your desired aesthetic goal.
Melanie will examine the area under and around your chin to determine if Kybella® is right for you. Then, she will tailor your treatment to the amount of fat under the chin and your aesthetic goals.
Treatment can only be administered by a Kybella® trained health care specialist, such as Melanie. At each treatment, you will receive multiple small injections under your chin, and the injection process takes about 15 to 20 minutes. The exact number of injections will depend on the amount of fat you have under your chin and your desired profile.
Since everyone’s chin profile is different, the number of treatments varies from patient to patient. Melanie will help determine how many treatment sessions you need based on the amount and distribution of your submental fat and your personal treatment goals. Typically a minimum of two. Each Kybella® treatment session is given at least 1 month apart, and you should not receive more than 6 treatments.
After Kybella® treatment, you will likely have some swelling, bruising, or numbness under your chin. Be sure to inform me or the office if you develop an uneven smile, facial muscle weakness, or difficulty swallowing. The most common side effects occur in the treatment area and include:
• Areas of hardness
Side effects are usually temporary and often resolve on their own.
If you want to know more about Kybella treatment, call us or schedule an appointment online. We serve patients from Las Vegas NV, Pinto Palomino NV, Winchester NV, Sunrise Manor NV, Paradise NV, and Spring Valley NV.
Additional Services You May Like
Additional Services You May Like
- Spider Vein Treatment
- Plasma IQ Pen
- Chin Augmentation
- Cheek Filler
- Hand Rejuvenation
- Tear Troughs
- Thread Lift
- Hair Restoration
- Vampire Face lift
- Flawless Butt Lift
- Non Surgical Face Lift
- Restalyne Defyne
- Restalyne Silk
- Scarlet SRF Treatment
- Non-Surgical Nose
- Lip Fillers
- Kybella Fat Reduction
- Frown Lines
- Vampire Facial
- Vitamin Shots
- Jawline Definition
- Ultrashape Permanent Fat Reduction
- Scar Reduction
- Stretch Mark Reduction
- Restylane Kysse
- Mystic Tan
- Light Stim Collagen Bed
- Micro Botox Facial
- Dysport Injections
- Juvederm Ultra
- Juvederm Ultra Plus
- Restylane Lyft
- Restylane Refyne
- Renuva Treatment
- QWO Cellulite Treatment
- IV Therapy