Causes of Facial Aging and How Botox Can Help?
Flawless Medspa proudly offers Botox injections to help combat the signs of facial aging, in addition to several other cosmetic treatments. Call us today for more information or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 9418 W. Lake Mead Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89134.
Table of Contents:
We are all familiar with the visual effects of aging: wrinkles, loose skin, discolorations and sagging. These changes are caused by the body’s natural decline in skin proteins such as collagen and elastin that occur as a result of aging. The face is the first place to exhibit these signs because the skin is thinner on the face, as well as due to the amount of muscle movement involved in making facial expressions. Fortunately, there are a number of safe and effective treatments that can ameliorate these unwanted changes, such as Botox.
Aging is the natural process of change that happens to the body over time. Although everyone experiences some form of aging, some people experience more pronounced signs of aging than others. The face is a particularly sensitive part of the body when it comes to aging as it is home to a wide variety of complex organs, including the eyes, the nose, and the mouth, that are involved in a wide number of nuanced expressions fundamental in human communication. Because of the amount of muscle movement involved in facial expressions, and the frequency of which these expressions are made, the face is more prone to aging than other areas of the body and is likely to exhibit signs of aging first, especially around the eyes, nose and mouth.
With age, the outer layer of skin (epidermis) starts to thin; even though the number of cell layers remains unchanged, this can result in a variety of aesthetic changes, including:
• Decrease in number of melanocytes (pigment-containing cells); remaining melanocytes increase in size
• Skin looks thinner, paler and clear (translucent)
• Hyperpigmentation, including age spots (liver spots)
• Reduction in skin’s strength and elasticity (elastosis)
• Blood vessels of the dermis become weaker; this leads to:
• Bleeding under the skin (senile purpura)
• Cherry angiomas
• Sebaceous glands produce less oil
• Skin has less insulation and padding
• Sweat glands produce less sweat
• Growths such as:
• Skin tags
• Brown rough patches (seborrheic keratoses)
• Pinkish rough patches (actinic keratosis)
• Deeper wrinkles and lines in the forehead
• Skin folds around the jaw-line
• Fat loss in the central face
• Excess skin laxity
• Visible blood vessels from thinning of skin
Yes, Botox helps with aging. The main ingredient used in Botox, the botulinum toxin, blocks the nerve signals in the areas it is injected, preventing them from reaching the muscles and subsequent contractions. Due to the induced muscle relaxation, the unwanted wrinkles and fine lines smoothen out and fail to develop.
Botox can improve the face in many ways, including the following areas:
• Nose (Bunny Lines) — While these have an innocuous—even cute-sounding—name, these wrinkles are just another line that ages the face. Forming along the sides of the nose, these happen when we laugh or scrunch our nose.
• Chin — The chin can end up with wrinkles or even skin that looks like the same texture as orange peel; in either situation, Botox can smooth it out.
• Eyes (Crow’s Feet) — The lines around the eyes that form when we smile and laugh are known as crow’s feet. They have a characteristic branching appearance that can push the cheeks upward, causing the eyes to appear like they are squinting.
• Forehead (Worry Lines) — One of the most common areas treated by Botox is the forehead, including glabellar lines (between the eyebrows), as well as the horizontal lines that run across the forehead, often referred to as worry lines.
• Mouth — Botox can also treat mouth wrinkles such as marionette lines and laugh lines, as well as wrinkles on the lips.
If you are noticing signs of facial aging, come to Flawless Med Spa to see how Botox can help! Call us today to book an appointment with our Botox treatment specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 9418 W. Lake Mead Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89134. We look forward to serving you! We serve clients from Las Vegas NV, Pinto Palomino NV, Sunrise Manor NV, Winchester NV, Paradise NV, and Spring Valley NV.
Additional Services You May Like
Additional Services You May Like
- Spider Vein Treatment
- Plasma IQ Pen
- Chin Augmentation
- Cheek Filler
- Hand Rejuvenation
- Tear Troughs
- Thread Lift
- Hair Restoration
- Vampire Face lift
- Flawless Butt Lift
- Non Surgical Face Lift
- Restalyne Defyne
- Restalyne Silk
- Scarlet SRF Treatment
- Non-Surgical Nose
- Lip Fillers
- Kybella Fat Reduction
- Frown Lines
- Vampire Facial
- Vitamin Shots
- Jawline Definition
- Ultrashape Permanent Fat Reduction
- Scar Reduction
- Stretch Mark Reduction
- Restylane Kysse
- Mystic Tan
- Light Stim Collagen Bed
- Micro Botox Facial
- Dysport Injections
- Juvederm Ultra
- Juvederm Ultra Plus
- Restylane Lyft
- Restylane Refyne
- Renuva Treatment
- QWO Cellulite Treatment
- IV Therapy